1. How Does This Policy Relate to Use of the Site?
This Policy is supplemented by additional policies relevant to particular activities, and each of the supplemental policies is incorporated into this Policy. Here are examples of areas in which you will encounter supplemental privacy policies but this list is not complete: if a supplemental policy is included on the Site with respect to a particular activity, or if one is included on a Third Party site relating to the mission of the Foundation, those supplemental policies will also apply and are also incorporated.
2. Information We Collect That You Do Not Provide
Sometimes we collect personal information without you having to enter any information on the Site. For example, we may receive personal information from public sources or from third parties (which we may combine with other information from other sources).
3. Information We Collect That You Do Provide
It is always your choice, or the choice of anyone acting for you, whether to provide personal information. However, some must be provided to participate in certain programs or activities (such as to apply for a grant or subscribe to newsletter), so the decision not to provide information might limit or eliminate certain functions of the Site or the ability to participate. Other information is up to your good judgment, e.g., do not provide personal information about yourself that could be misused by others in a chat room, bulletin board, blog or similar forum and do not provide personal information about others without their permission. The kinds of personal information we tend to request about you or others include but are not limited to your name, email address, native language, organization name, job title, city, state / province, region, age, locations for internet access and devices used. Additional information about what we collect is available in any supplemental privacy policies for particular activities.
4. Information You Provide About Others
5. What We Generally Do with Personal Information Collected
In general, we use personal information we collect to pursue our mission and operations and to engage in the activity (and related activities) for which we collect it. Specifically, we may use your personal information to:
- to fulfill our obligations to you and to respond to any questions or requests;
- to contact you about material changes in our site terms or policies;
- to comply with the law or in good faith belief that such action is necessary to conform with the requirements of law or to comply with legal process served on us;
- to provide to third parties as a result of any reorganization process;
- if you sign up for a blog, feed or newsletter, we may put you on our mailing list or even the list of a Third Party who we think has a similar mission.
- if you apply for a job, we’ll use the information to find out about you and share it with service providers and others we view as relevant to the employment process.
Further information is available in the supplemental policies for some activities, but you should assume that we will use all information for all lawful purposes. Subject to applicable law, we reserve the right to make all lawful, worldwide uses of personal information, including without limitation, to: collect, use, access (or bar access), process, fulfill, disclose, display, share, respond to legal process or otherwise exercise our rights under applicable law, transfer, store, verify, enforce, delete, and otherwise deal with personal information, and information other than personal information (collectively “Disclose”).
6. Your Ability to Update Personal Information
To the extent our systems require your personal information, in general, they provide the ability for you to update your information. If you have any questions about what personal information about you the Foundation retains, please contact us via the Write to Us formhere. The foundation endeavors to keep your personal information accurate and up to date. If your personal information has changed, you may submit your new information there as well. Some activities allow some updating, e.g., you may update your “Jobs” profile by using the functionality in that section of the Site.
We keep personal information for as long as we think is necessary or advisable and we reserve the right to retain it to the full extent not prohibited by law. We may discard personal information in our discretion, so you should retain your own records, and not rely upon our storage of any personal information or other data.
7. Information Security
We use reasonable technical and organizational measures to protect the personal information received from our users from unauthorized use or disclosure.
8. Your Particular Consents
- Consent to International Transfer and Disclosure of Personal Information.We may be involved in programs and activities in a variety of countries. You agree that the Foundation and those with whom we share personal information (“Recipients”) may Disclose and transfer your personal information worldwide (including outside the European Economic Area, if you are based in the European Economic Area) for any purpose relating to our or their mission, operations, programs, or otherwise that is not allowed or prohibited by this Policy.
- Consent to Electronic Notice If There is a Security Breach:If we or a Recipient is required to provide notice of unauthorized access or other invasion of certain security systems, you agree that we (or they) may do so when required (or voluntarily) by posting notice on our Site or sending notice to any email address we have for you, in our (or their) good faith discretion. You agree that notice to you will count as notice to others for whom you are acting, and agree to pass the notice on to them.
We do not want to collect information from children. Do not provide any personal information unless you are at least 13 years of age, and please caution your children not to provide any. If a child under 13 has provided personal information, a parent or guardian may so inform us by writing us at Our Address for Legal Notices (see below) and we will use commercially reasonable efforts to delete it from our database, subject to applicable law and this Policy.
10. Identity Theft
If anyone believes they’re a victim of identity theft entitled by law to request information from us, write us at Our Address For Legal Notices and we’ll explain what information we require in order to respond. After receiving that information, we’ll supply (without charge) information we then have that we are legally required to provide (subject to applicable law and reserving all rights and defenses).
12. Information About Enforcement of Our Policy
Our Address for Any Notices:
Wholistic Research and Education Foundation
3366 North Torrey Pines Court, Suite 220, La Jolla, CA 92037